Controller Recommendations

Patrick L

Any recommendations on which 350-400 amp controller is best. 36 volt series EZGO TXT. Or should a higher amp unit be used ?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've always used Alltrax controllers when upgrading a controller. On a series golf cart you may gain some torque with the higher amp controller and stock motor. If the stock controller is working without problems and you have a stock motor and tire size you won't notice much difference. On a lifted series golf cart with larger tires a higher amp controller will help get the torque back that was lost due to the larger tires. I'd also recommend upgrading to 4 gauge cables, heavy duty forward and reverse switch and heavy duty solenoid if you upgrade to a higher amp controller.

Patrick L

Without removing the cover to check, I think its a Curtis 1204 or 1205. I don't know what has been done to the cart before I bought it. It would run about 22 mph. I made up 4 gauge wires [ all of them], it has good heavy solenoid, I went thru the F/R switch and added some extra spring tension. The motor is a DC [ Syracuse NY] [ I think the company is actually called Advanced DC motors and I don't have the numbers handy right now] and I can't get any info from that company. Wheels/tires are 10" but the same size as the original 8". The cart now only goes 18mph and drains the batteries faster than I think it should, but, that has been posted before. Thanks for the responses.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Sounds like your batteries may be going bad. I can have your existing controller rebuilt for about $150-$160 and they will rebuild it to a 400 amp

Patrick L

OK. That could very well be the problem. As we talked about before, voltages were posted, and I was thinking the batteries [ 4.5 yrs old] were at their half life. I don't like the amount of parasitic draw it has, reason for installing the dis-connect. It figures that this happened after I got thru working on it. :) Thats for the response.