Contoller part #

gtojohnny

I have seen a controller for sale with Model # 1204s-5404 . How do I know if it will work on my 1995 Medalist? Anyone know anything about this controller? Is it any good? Thanks!

dougmcp

The controller is a 450 amp series controller which is what your Medalist would use. The only thing I'm not sure of is the throttle input (the last 2 digits "04"). The data sheets on line don't drill down far enough, you will need to call Curtis to find out what input it has.
Keep us posted on what you find so we all can learn.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Is the cart a DCS or series? The controller is a series controller and won't work on a DCS cart.

That controller is 0-5k input so it won't work on a Medalist with ITS input unless you convert the ITS to a pot box. Your best bet would be find the right controller with ITS input.

Doug,

The on line manuals have the info in them. The links are on the same page as the data sheet links.

dougmcp

Thanks for the heads up HRC but I'm still confused or maybe just blind.
biggrin.gif

The data sheets I looked at only take the model down to 1204S-54xx, with no designation for the xx digits.
My thought is the last 2 digits indicate the throttle input.
I agree the standard input is 0-5K but it also says "Standard Throttle Input: 0-5k ohms ±10%
(others available)"
Is there a way to determine what these last 2 digits mean?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I looked in the manual and all I saw was 0-5k but your right the data sheet does say "others available". Everything I have here at the shop shows that particular # as being 0-5k.
dazed053.gif

gtojohnny

The cart is a Fleet Series and not a DCS cart. Sounds like nobody is sure if this will fit my cart. I know I'm confused. Can anyone explain the 0-5k numbers for a newbie? What does that mean?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
0-5k is throttle input the controller needs. 0k at no throttle and 5k at full throttle. Your carts throttle is controlled by a ITS and doesn't use 0-5k to contol the throttle position.

gtojohnny

Ok, I think I get it now. So, this controller won't work with my cart. What specs do I look for. What does an ITS use?

clubdean

can you post a picture showing the conection area?

if it has three big hook ups on the top and the one in your cart now has 4, you can eliminate the short A2 wire from the F/R switch to the controller. Then you just need to be sure the small wire hook ups are compatable (same number of pins to wires ect...)

If I understand you right, this is what you are wandering?

Someone double check me on that info, I don't want to lead you astray
thumbup.gif