Clutch spring combo kit 97 txt

RPM_SAC

just bought a clutch spring combo kit from buggies unlimited and need some help with the install of both springs.
wallbash.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Welcome RPM

the spring for the drive clutch is easy, just pull the outter cover and switch them out.

the spring for the driven is a bit harder, you need to remove it from the axle and remove the snap ring that holds the ramp cup on but you want to hold the cup down when removing it because there is some spring pressure on the cup.

RPM_SAC

Got the spring for the drive clutch done it was easy.
thumbup.gif
Took the driven off the rear end, took the snap ring off but the ramp cup is froze on the spline looks rusty as hell, put BP blaster on it trying to free it hope it does.
wallbash.gif

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
they like to freeze on there, take a hammer and keep taping around on the face of the ramp cup. there is some pressure on the cup but not ton, sometimes a little heat will help.

RPM_SAC

Got it done took a little while. It makes a lot of diference with the cart now hills no problem and top speed is around 24 mph
naughty.gif
now with 25" tires on it. will try to post pic of the cart.
thumbup.gif
and the little plactic pices with the screws in them a about worn out do they need replacing. Thanks Nubs.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
cool, when you go back in to change the ramp shoes in the driven i would spend the extra 40 bucks and install the 28 degree ramp cam and go back to the stock spring. works alot better than the stock 36 degree and the heavy spring
twocents.gif

28 degree

E-Z-GO part #'s:
1 - 72329-G01 Cam
3 - 72324-G01 Button