Club Car Villager 6 Gas Shifting Issues

Ejharry

I'm having shifting issues with my 2011 Club Car Villager 6 Gas, sometimes has trouble getting into gear and make a bad slipping noise. This only happens occasionally but wanted to fix it.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Should be a simple cable adjustment. Shift cable is on top of transmission. Housing has two nuts on it, try adjusting cable housing a little at a time til it shifts correctly.

Ejharry

Thanks, I adjusted the linkage and thought it was better. then it got stuck in reverse and now no matter where the shift lever is it is stuck in reverse. ???

dirtysouth

You went to far or like Rod said, cable is bad. Is the cart lifted? Sometimes ya have to reroute cable after lift or frame will pinch cable and ruin it

Ejharry

I can move the lever by hand, but even after move the lever to where Forward is it is still stuck in reverse. Not lifted.

dirtysouth

I can move the lever by hand, but even after move the lever to where Forward is it is still stuck in reverse. Not lifted.
Disconnect the ball end of cable from shifter so cable doesn't interfere with movement. Put lever in forward and try it, put it in reverse and try it. If both engage in gear put lever on transmission in neutral. Then put shift lever up,front in neutral. Adjust the nuts on cable to fit housing bracket and tighten nuts one side then other to keep,centered. That should do the trick, might have to move slightly but doubt it.DONE.
IF THAT DONT WORK,YOU HAVE TRANS ISSUES BUT THAT'S VERY UNCOMMON

Ejharry

So I just figured out the actual plastic lever that is connected to the shift change shaft is broken. Its only a $10 part so that's a relief. I couldn't see that the lever was cracked and it was still attached and moving so it felt like it was working. Thanks for the advice dirtysouth & HotRodCarts.