Club Car Towed With the Tow Switch In Run Position

mway

I’m looking at buying a Club Car Precedent which was towed about a quarter mile with tow switch on run position. Owner says now it won’t run. What’s most likely damaged. Thanks in advance for any info.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Obviously it wouldn’t run before they towed it or they wouldn’t of towed it but worst case motor and controller

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Normally I would worry about the motor and the controller on a golf cart that's been towed with the run tow switch in the run position. You might get lucky seeing how it was only towed a 1/4 mile depending on how fast they were going when it was towed. Like Diode mentioned there must have been a problem with the golf cart not running before being towed.

mway

The driver unknowingly thought the cart was plugged in to charge but was not fully engaged. It ran a short distance until the charge expended.

Diode

The controller won’t shut off until it gets down to 20 some Volts And at the least it took a hit on the batteries this whole thing is getting more and more fishy. Bet he wants top dollar for it to right?

dirtysouth

I got nothin :rotflmao:

Agree about the short charge, if batteries were that low he'd know it as soon as he took off

mway

Original problem was charge receptacle was bad on cart. Got the motor brake everything else seems ok!