Club Car suspension upgrade

Mack

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and have a bit of an issue. I have a 2000 CC gas. It was a two seater,but I had a rear seat/cargo bed added. I just got done installing new shocks all around and new heavy duty leaf springs. I know it's not a Lexus, but really rides like a lumber wagon and it feels like the front tires are going to come off the ground. especially when cornering. The rears are 4 leaf. What could I have done wrong? Are the rear springs too much? Thanks for the help!
tip.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to Cartaholics!

The 4 leaf HD rear springs are real stiff when there's no load on the back of the cart. You could take a leaf out. What kind of tires are you running? How much air pressure in the tires? Running a lower air pressure will make a huge difference.

Mack

The tires are nothing special, Carlise 18X8.5, 22 lbs of pressure. I was thinking of taking 2 leafs out and seeing if that helped. Are the HD springs causiing the cornering problems?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
welcome! i would drop that air pressure down to 8 or 10lbs, as rod said you will gain some relief

JRay

Cartaholic
Take 2 leafs out on each side and cut the air pressure down, you will see a big difference. Never could see why they sell those big 4 leaf springs, way over kill. I go to tsc or similiar and buy a trailer spring, cut the top one to match the 2nd one down, slip it under the stock spring and you are good to go. I find this works for rear seats and cargo boxes. Local dealer put me on to this.

JRay

Cartaholic
Thats what i would do. If you find you need more lift for whatever, you could always add one back to the pack.
tip.gif