Club Car Starter Generator Trouble

tcrowe3

I have a 94 Club Car and I started having trouble getting it to turn over. It will turn over a half of a turn then then the starter generator will whine. Sometimes it will just click and I can turn it by hand then it will try to turn over. Sometimes it will start sometimes it won't. Any help would be greatly appreciated I am getting frustrated.

tcrowe3

one other thing I replaced the brushes in the generator back in october and it helped somewhat but now its worse it won't even turn over enought to start.

I agree that is a regular problem with the starters, if the belt is not tight enough it will slip, make a whistling noise, and won't turn your motor over. Tighten it up in the back of your cart under the inspection plate, then you should be good to go!

tcrowe3

The belt isn't slipping, I checked this afternoon, its like it doesn't have enough juice to turn the engine over. The battery has 12.5 volts and when it actually does start its putting out about 14.5 so it is charging.

tcrowe3

ok it turns out the starter was bad, I ordered a new one and it turns backwards. Any advice on reversing the starter?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Club Car has two different starters for different engine rotation. Some can be reversed by swapping the cables on A1 and A2. If it starts then but doesn't charge swap F1 and F2...

I'd call whoever you bought the starter from and ask them before going any further.

tcrowe3

I will try that, I bought it new off of e-bay so I really don't have anyone to call. This site is very helpful and I want to thank everyone for all of their advise.

tcrowe3

ok I swapped the F1 and F2 and got the rotation that I needed, put it on the cart and it worked perfect. If anyone needs to purchase a starter generator let me know, I found a really good deal for new ones on e-bay and they are about 200.00 cheaper than other places.

Again thanks for all of your help

phoneman702

make sure its charging now, i had the same problem and after swapping f1 and f2 it turned the right way but wasnt charging. i had to switch the f1 and f2 back and switch the a1 and a2, then everything worked perfectly.