Club Car Speed Sensor

Mr.marrero88

I have been looking into getting a Plum Quick Rattle Snake motor, new controller, solenoid, 2 gauge cables, and heavy duty forward and reverse switch. I believe this is pretty much all I need. Any suggestions or thoughts?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If you're looking at upgrading the motor, controller, etc. wait for @Diode to see this and he can probably set you up with a good combination.

Mr.marrero88

So i took a look and it seems you have some motors that would get me going over 30 mph could you suggest a set up that would make that happen for me. I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I have a speed calculator on my website what size tires do you have ground to the top of the tire

Mr.marrero88

23" i played with the calculator a lil just want to make sure i get the best combination of motor and controller. And if I need anything else to match up new components

Diode

Understand that most controllers that are not oem are able to be programmed to match the motor. As far as speed goes even the code 5 can produce speeds equal to the 500 amp controller, but a 250 amp controller cannot match the torque of a 500 amp controller. 6000 RPM is your max on most Motors any aftermarket controller can push that limit including the code 5. With 23 in tires controller and Speed Motor you should be able to get over thirty

Mr.marrero88

So 6000 rpm speed motor and a 500 amp controller. Should i change my solenoid also? Or is that all i need. Thanks agin for your help with this.

Diode

Email
[email protected]
Solenoids you can purchase on eBay or other places for the about the same price I can get them wires are in the $250 range so I would shop for those also