Club Car Shocks

JRay

Cartaholic
Club Car with 6 inch allsports lift kit. Installed it a few years ago. I left the oe shocks on it. Checked travel today less than 1 inch. Those little shocks are maxed. Got a set of long shocks coming tomorrow, will install and see what I get for travel.

slim67

Club Car with 6 inch allsports lift kit. Installed it a few years ago. I left the oe shocks on it. Checked travel today less than 1 inch. Those little shocks are maxed. Got a set of long shocks coming tomorrow, will install and see what I get for travel.
What did you buy?

JRay

Cartaholic
Ended up with a Gabriel # 1923219 stud/ stud. Monroe, napa, carquest all seem to cross reference.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I'll post back tomorrow after I get them. The way my luck has gone lately the wrong stuff will come
:rotflmao:
Our napa carries them. I've heard of insane prices for them too. Last I checked some years ago they were 13 and change

JRay

Cartaholic
Well what came was Monroe #56000 from car quest. 24 a piece. Did not want yellow shocks hanging down there. So I painted them. The ride is a little stiffer,and tons of travel I would think.

dirtysouth

Well what came was Monroe #56000 from car quest. 24 a piece. Did not want yellow shocks hanging down there. So I painted them. The ride is a little stiffer,and tons of travel I would think.
Yup, gas filled but much more travel :checkered:

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Lol..
For now I'll add one more set of extensions to the tops of my rear shocks, should get me close to an even 50/50 of travel.
It's like 90/10 down/up now.
I cut the rubber bumper off the fronts and that helped alot.

dirtysouth

Updates? they are a little stiff stiff is good right.
:hattip:

They are a little stiff. Normally they get better with time. I've yet to find an aftermarket shock that isn't gas filled. Not sure what would happen if the shock was punctured and hole be filled with silicone or epoxy. I'll have to try that next week.