club car problem (electric cart)

river mike

My golf cart doesnt seem to have enough umph! all five solenoid's ingadge but after the first three no more power between four and five. what could be my problem? electric motor modle # 5BC48JB764

Andy4639

Either it's the batteries are the selonoids aren't kicking in like they should. Have you checked the voltage of your batteries?
ohmy.gif

Andy4639

36.9 volts is this just sitting still. That is on the low side a fully charged battery pack 36 volts should be more like 37 -38 volts. While you are riding the cart see what the voltage is. If it drops as you stated before below 36 and doesn't come back up once you get moving then the batteries are gone.
When you hit wide open the coils should cool off because they are bypassed in the circuit then!

OlBoy

I agree 36.9 volts is low. Have you tried jumping the 4 and 5 solenoid? Can you hear 4 and 5 click as your pressing the gas pedal?

river mike

thanks solenoids four and five are bad when I jumped them the speed pick up still a little slow but a brush kit may help . battery are fully charged and up to 38 and come back to 37.8 when running. thanks a lot