Club Car Precedent Wont Start

nkoppe109

Just got a 2005 Club Car Precedent golf cart a week ago. Ran fine until last Monday, I was ready to back it out of the garage and forgot my shades, so I jumped off to run and grab them, when I got back on and put if in reverse, it would not do anything and wont start. Forward is the same. Only thing I can hear is the click from the switches in the pedal. I jumped across the 2 big posts on the solenoid and the engine will start. I replaced the solenoid, because it was easy to do and cheap. Nothing. Any ideas? I've been casing wires and ready to pull my hair out now.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's not getting power to the small activation posts on the solenoid. I'm taking it the solenoid doesn't click with the key on when you press the gas pedal? I'd say it's either the micro switch on the throttle or a bad connection on one of the small wires that run to the solenoid. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

nkoppe109

Thank you! It’s kind of weird, before I put the new solenoid on I had power to both small posts with the key on and not click at solenoid when pedal was pushed. Since I put on the new solenoid on I only have power at the “key on” small post of the solenoid. I guess my first question is, should there be power at both small posts when the key is turned on?

nkoppe109

I bench tested the original solenoid and it tested good. Put it back in the cart and it has 12.9 to each of the small posts, but no click at the solenoid still. Had a click and continuity on the bench?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Check the micro switches on the forward and reverse switch. If they're bad or not riding in the cam correctly it will cause the problem like you're having.

nkoppe109

Finally figured it out. It was a bad switch I’m the gcor. Even figured out how to tear it apart and replace the switches for only a couple bucks!

nkoppe109

Now I just need to figure out how to make this thing take off from a stop a little faster. Good top end, terrible acceleration.