Club Car Precedent Won't Move Forward or Reverse

Rustynail66

Club Car Precedent won't move forward or reverse. This issue has been getting progressively worse. Started out when depressing the pedal nothing would happen but then letting off the pedal and trying again the cart would work fine. Now there is nothing when depressing the pedal. Help!

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
underneath the cart under the go pedal there are two connectors one with 2 wires unplug it install a jumper across the two wires and test, also is the resistor across the solenoid big terminals hot

Diode

On my website under schematics I have an interactive troubleshooting guide first one

Rustynail66

Thanks for your reply and the link to the Club Car Technical info. Is there a way to access from the top or only from underneath the vehicle?

Diode

Yeah pull the rubber mat pull the whole pedal assembly then you can get in there

Bryce Deemer

What does it mean the the resistor is getting hot? I have same issue. I jumped the two pin wire on mcor and it did nothing and resistor burns up and smokes? What are the next steps to take? Had this problem over a week and everyone says I have a bad controller... please help!

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
What does it mean the the resistor is getting hot? I have same issue. I jumped the two pin wire on mcor and it did nothing and resistor burns up and smokes? What are the next steps to take? Had this problem over a week and everyone says I have a bad controller... please help!
Any updates

Rustynail66

So...the switch should be in "Tow" before working on this beast? I'm going to get it jacked up today so I can get under it and check it out. If I jumper the plug with two wires what should I expect?

Rustynail66

I have it jacked up and there is a plastic "shield" underneath. How do I remove it to get to the components? I can't seem to find any bolts or clips.

Rustynail66

Oops, excuse my ignorance (first time trying to work on this). It appears that I am looking at a one piece molded body pan with no access from the bottom.

Rustynail66

Cartoholic,

Ok, long story short, here's the latest. After having the switch on the cart in the "tow" position for a few days my wife went out while I wasn't home, flipped the switch back from tow to run (thinking I was an idiot) and low and behold the damn thing ran. It's worked now for about a month until yesterday when it again quit working. So, how do you rebuild a controller or are there rebuilt controllers available for purchase and are they returnable if that proves NOT to be the problem?

Diode

I posted in another post there are five things that are needed before the controller will allow movement maybe hot rod can find that post

Rustynail66

Diode...you previously replied that it was a 99% chance that my problem was the controller. Can someone please provide me a way to diagnose this problem.

Diode

A little FYI for people reading this thread .
A hot resistor across the large terminals of the solenoid is there to pre-charge the capacitors in the controller, when that resistor gets hot it is usually because the controller is shorted, the resistor is trying to supply the motor with power.
A bad motor can take out the controller and make the resistor hot. Always check the motor resistance prior to installing a new controller.