Club Car Precedent With 6" Jake's Lift Tires Wobbling

shoaf79

I just completed putting on a jakes 6" lift with 23.5 tires and 12" rims. 2 of the tires are wobbling at high speeds. It's not vibrating bad just annoying to look at. Is there a reason for this? or hopefully an easy fix.

Andy

shoaf79

I found that the center caps for the rims were causing the wheel to wobble. First I took it off and the wheel was fine so I then put it back on kept adjusting the center cap with the lug nuts loose and finally I think I have the wobbling to a minimum. If anyone else has experienced this please let me know what you did to fix . I purchased the lift kit, tire/wheel combo from jakes.

Andy

johnny9

welcome to the forum shoaf79,,i did a 6" lift and wheel and tire package a couple weeks ago also and didnt have a problem w/wobbly tires but all the center caps were loose and rattled like crazy..
i took the wheels back off and took pliers and bent the lip of the center cap so it stuck out the back more and re torqued them to make them have a little more bite when they were tightened up..worked great..

you will find lots of helpfull people and previous post here that are very valuable when workin on your cart..
post often and cruise the old post and have fun doing it,john

Batman

Sounds like the center caps arent going into the wheel all the way or there hitting the raised part of the hubs. Id give jakes a call and ask them.

rhgc

Had a similar problem with a 6" Jakes Lift - on a precedent gas. If you have an alignment problem you will have to replace the king pin on both sides. This came from "Jake's" I spoke to the owner, he said he is getting the new replacement king pins ready to be shipped to suppliers....also he said NOT to use the HD springs.....anyone had a similar problem?

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Had the same problem with center caps rattling.Put a couple of wraps of electrical tape on the lip of the cap to take up the play.