Club Car Precedent Speed Sensor Problem

r2000

This weekend I installed the two missing Screws Bearing Retainer on my Club Car President 2004 golf cart.
Everything went good but it was much work, I needed to remove the rear axle to be able to install the new screws. I took the chance to change the oil at the same time. I think it was very long time ago.
But unfortunately I got another problem after the installation. The golf cart accelerates as normal but after 30-40 meters the speed is reduced to half speed. I removed the speed sensor, same problem, the speed sensor looks fine but it may be broken?

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Yes this is a symptom of a bad speed sensor I have bench testing and repair information on my website in my signature. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

r2000

Hi.
One question, witch cable (green, black, red) should connect to witch pin 1,2,3 on the switch?

Diode

What switch are we talking about? The speed sensor connects to controller not switches.

r2000

Hi.
I talking about the Allegro A1202 Hall effect bipolar switch. Which cable should connect to which pin on the a1202?

Diode

Ok when you ordered the switch on that page there was a link to the datasheet. It will show you which side is front and back and which pin is which Red=+18 Black=ground and green =output

r2000

Changed to a new Allergro switch, same problem. Strange, every test i do points to the a broken speed sensor.
If I push the golf cart with the run tow switch in the run position, no beep. I can run 20 meters in full speed, then the golf cart slows down. If I move my foot from the speed pedal and push it again the same thing happens and over and over, the speed is correct. But if I have full speed for 20-30 meters in row the golf cart slows down.

Diode

Did you do the bench test I sent a link for? Does your meter have a frequency function?

r2000

No i have done all the other tests, but i can do this test also...
I need to buy a magnet and a diode.

r2000

The magnet on the motor was broken I should have checked that directly. But now I have learn some for the future. I will update later when i have installed a new magnet.