Club Car Precedent Power Fluctuating

NitroxAZ

I have a 2009 Club Car Precedent 48 volt (4 - 12V batteries) with standard size tires and no lift. I just replaced the batteries and am having an issue with the power fluctuating with the pedal all the way to the floor. I thought this was due to voltage drop and not holding the solenoid open, so I replaced the batteries that were 3-4 years old. This did not correct the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, is there an in line chip that I can buy that will increase speed? If so, where do I get one and which one is recommended? I would like to increase the top speed by 4-5 mph.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
A Club Car dealer or someone with the proper programmer can set your Precedent at Speed code 1 thru 4 so it depends on where it's set now.
Shelby Control Systems sells a programmer to get your Club Car up to speed code 5. As far as the surging goes it could be a problem with the MCOR or speed sensor. Does it surge at slower steady speed or only at full throttle?

Here's a link to Shelby Control Systems if you're interested in setting your golf cart to speed code 5.

NitroxAZ

Thanks for the info on the speed code. What speeds do the codes translate to and what do they come with stock?

It seems to only do it at full throttle.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
A Club Car dealer will use either speed code 1, 2 or 3. You have to pay extra to get the dealer to set the golf cart to speed code 4. Speed code 5 from @Diode is a aftermarket setting and I believe it eliminates all of the regen braking.

Club Car Speed Codes:
1 - Commercial speed - 8.0 mph (12.9 km/h)
2 - Slow golf speed - 13.4 mph (21.6 km/h)
3 - Normal golf speed - 14.8 mph (23.8 km/h)
4 - Private speed mode - 19.6 mph (31.5 km/h)

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Just FYI
Speed Code 5 Keeps regen braking but it works much smoother than stock and at higher speeds. it is also adjustable to the customers needs as are speed limits