Club Car Precedent Need More Speed

Bigal11

I have a 2008 Club Car Precedent with the stock Kawasaki Engine and I need more speed. It currently has a top speed of about 14 mph. I'd like to speed it up to around 20 or so but don't really want to mess with the governor or replace the engine. Is it possible to increase the speed this much without a major undertaking? Clutches? Gearing?

If I do need to replace the engine with a larger one, is there a direct replacement engine that will fit in without modifications?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Without adjusting the governor the only other option you really have without a bigger engine would be gear ratio. You'll lose quite a bit of torque with high speed gears.
Adjusting the governor is easy and safe as long as you don't get carried away with the adjustment.
Welcome to the forum.

Bigal11

Can you give me some info on how to adjust the governor safely? Everything I've read about that has scared me. I don't want to blow the engine and I couldn't find much info on how to do it.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The way I adjust the governor on a Club Car Precedent is remove the back access panel behind the seat.
You'll see the governor arm on top of the rear end and a 11mm bolt aiming straight back at you. Loosen that 11mm bolt.
Then you will be able to turn the pin that's held by the bolt you just loosened. Clockwise on the pin will make the cart run faster.
After turning the pin retighten the 11mm bolt.
Adjust the pin a little at a time until you get to around 18-20 mph. I use a handheld GPS to check my speed. I wouldn't set it to go any faster than that.