Club Car Precedent Front End Alignment

cobra

Need help with front end alignment and toe setting on a 2014 Club Car Precedent. Got the specs to within 1/4 inch, but now the steering wheel is a little off center. Also the steering is a little looser. Any ideas what I can do to get the steering tight again, and get the steering wheel back to center.

Thanks

Patrick L

Cartaholic
Which way did you set the toe-in ? If it isn't right the handling will be strange. The toe-in should be set at 1/16". Toe-in means the measurement of the front of tire is less than at the rear. Also, what did you turn to try and adjust the toe-in ?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Also if the steering wheel was straight before adjusting the toe in you should have adjusted both tie rod equally to keep the steering wheel straight. If the steering wheel is off center you'll need to adjust one tie rod more to compensate.

cobra

Thanks my toe in is 36 1/2 back of front tires, and 36 1/4 in front of tires. So I may need to make a few more adjustments to get within 1/16. I turned the tie rod itself both sides, just hope I didn’t move one more than the other. I believe I did because one side looked toed out more than the other. Just got to figure why the steering wheel is off center ?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Centering the wheel won't be a problem. Either adjust both tie rods to compensate or pull the steering wheel and center it. The main thing is you want close to the same amount of threads showing on the tie rods.