Club Car Precedent Can Be Driven Without Key On

Flip

Maybe repeat problem, if so sorry, but have a couple issues with 2013 Club Car Precedent. 1st issue: cart can be driven without key turned on. I have already replaced the ignition switch and the solenoid. Not sure what else it could be? 2nd issue: every once in a great while cart will die in middle of driving it, like the batteries completely died, let it sit for 20 to 30 mins and drives fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the golf cart runs with the key in the off position something is causing the solenoid to stay activated. Seeing how you replaced the solenoid already we can rule that out as being bad. When the golf cart stops running is anything electrical hot like the controller, cables, solenoid or anything else electrical?

Flip

Yes, the controller is. I was thinking that was the issue but I had a guy tell me he would replace the motor brake before the controller. Was looking for some experienced advise before just started replacing a bunch of stuff.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I would say the controller is the problem but lets wait for someone else to chime in. The motor brake wouldn't cause the golf cart to run with the key off but a bad controller could and can also cause the cart to stop running when hot.