Club Car Precedent Battery Charger Not Coming On

scat pack cart

2011 Club Car Precedent 48v, lifted. After motor, controller, solenoid, f/r switch, wire upgrade, cart runs great. Only problem is my battery charger won't come on when plugged in? It worked just fine before upgrade. Is there a reset on the obc? Only checked voltage at receptacle...shows 48.6. Red wire looks good going to +. Kinda looking for the next direction to troubleshoot before replacing obc. Any ideas would be appreciated. TY

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Does the charger click when you plug it into the golf cart? Are you sure the outlet the charger is plugged into is working?

scat pack cart

I have checked the outlet and it is fine. The charger does nothing when plugged in the cart. I have left it plugged in for 30 min. and nothing. Before the upgrade, it would click on after 5 seconds of being plugged in, jump up to 15 and slowly work it's way down overtime, which I believe is normal? I have drove the cart approx. 3 mile. I think that would be enough drain to kick the charger in. It's almost like nothing is telling it to come on. I have done nothing with the charger but unplug it to do the upgrade and it was working great before, so that makes me think it's on the cart somewhere. Stumped!

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Ground both the gray and the black wire straight to the battery pack negative and your charger should kick on make sure the red on the receptacle is hooked to the battery positive

scat pack cart

Thanks Diode/Hotrod, I'll try that when I get home. If that works, what if anything will that tell me? Or is that the way it will stay hooked up?

scat pack cart

ok, connected wires and charger came on immediately...no delay. Battery pack at 50.5 and charging. Will the charger shut off on it's own wired like this? Did I just by-pass the obc or what? Thanks

scat pack cart

Diode, I don't want to hook and unhook the charger, because I know for certain I'll forget and fry the hole thing. Do you think my obc is bad? If so, do you sell them?

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
My first guess is that something is not hooked up right
whenever I do a job and something is not working afterwards my first thought is I forgot something