Club Car Pathway Programmed For Faster Speed

eksharp8

I have a 2003 Club Car Pathway which was built by Club Car for general motors and is known as a pathway, serial # is NQ0399. It was originally built as a NEV and did 24MPH when it was built. When the program was disbanded GM sold the carts to be used by the public and they detuned them (how i do not know) to do 19.6MPH so they qualified as a golf cart. Does anyone know what they swapped out to reduce the speed? I would like to get the cart programmed back to the faster 24MPH speed they originally were capable of.....Thanks

BadToTheBone

If Im not mistaken you can change the controller and get the speed back. Maybe someone here now for sure but Im pretty sure a Alltrax controller will do the trick.

eksharp8

Thanks, bad and big, I was hoping to find someone who actually completed the process. I have been told a new motor will do it for $540....ek

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
Does a Club Car Pathway look like a regular Club Car, or does it have a distinctive look? If it looks different... :wwp:

dougmcp

Pathway carts look exactly the same as the DS Club Cars. The only real differences were headlights, tail lights, horn, mirrors, windshield, seat belts, high speed motor and a VIN number.

This was an early plan in the 90's that EZGO, CC, GEM, Think, Bombardier, GM, Ford and Chrysler all got involved with in an effort to claim emissions credits so the big 3 could sell cars with higher than mandated gas usage.

dougmcp

What kind of controller does it have? If the controller was reprogrammed for a slower speed it can be reprogrammed back.
NEV's have a speed requirement of 21-25mph and yours should still be capable of that.

Frizbgolf

A friend of mine has one of these, the thing to do is contact your local Club Car dealer tell him what you have and that you want it reprogrammed to the original pathway factory settings. It will cost about $150 for the reprogramming but should get it back to 24mph.

eksharp8

How can you tell what kind of controller the cart has? Mine is 8 inches long, it says max watts 125 and max amps 28, it is aluminum on the outside edges and beige plastic.

dougmcp

There should be a tag on the bottom of it the model is likely a 1205 and should be around 400 amps.
How about posting a photo of it?

eksharp8

Where is the controller located, what I was referring to is on the inside of the frame rail under the driver seat...Ed