Club Car Not Charging

jride1999

hello im new to club car. i bought a 95 club car 48volt elect.guy said needs charged,we put charger on an nothn, whouldnt come on.I read that bateries have to be less 36volts for charger to work,we charged um an charger came on.charged them over night i went out this morn,an charger still goin but needle never moved on charger.so checked it hour later,an charger shut down,cart wont move still,an now charger wont come on at all.we had charger checked last week an they said was good.so now im lost can anyone help me out thanx

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

First check all the batteries to see if they need water. Then check all your cable connections and make sure they're clean and tight. Then check all 6 batteries individually with a digital volt meter and post your results...

jride1999

I checked all bateries had to add distilled water to couple not much but toped them off. this is the reading i got with my meter.
1st batery read 8.27,second batery read 7.35,third batery read 7.37,4th bat read 5.517,5th bat read 5.003,6th bat reads 4.958.is there a way i can charge 2 batery at time,i have a 12v car charger? thanx.guy at golfcourse said he can sell me used batery year old in dec shape that hold a charge for 25$ each,whould that b good,cause i priced new ones an cant afford $1,000 right now n batery,we only use cart at camp thanx

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Looking at the voltages you posted I'd say the batteries are shot. Depending on how old and if they're are good $25 each for used batteries isn't a bad deal...

jride1999

the guy said there good year old bateries,but wont garentee they last 3 months or 2 years,so should i replace just three bateries,or all 6?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It would be best to replace all six. Seeing how the used batteries are coming form a golf course there's a good chance they'll be Trojans. You can look on the negative terminal for a letter and a number. The letter is the month and the number is the year A9 would be January 2009 etc. Try to six that are the same age or as close as possible...

jride1999

yesterday i went an got bateries,there 11-07 put them in cart charger came on,so i charged them over night,this morn charger still runnin,an meter never moved,i unpluged cart an turn key an pushed peddle an didnt move.I dont wanna take it to the shop cause there out ragious on prices lol so now gota c whats wrong i cleaned all cables checked for loose wires,etc,checked water level.so now stumped lol