Club Car Making Clicking Noise

Loksmif

I have a 1995 Club Car that makes an annoying clicking noise when you are moving. It appears much less when in reverse. Suggestions as to eliminating this would be greatly appreciated.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Can you tell what area the clicking noise is coming from? Could be a wheel bearing, motor bearing, rear end bearing, brakes, etc. You need to jack the golf cart up and spin each tire and if you can't hear the click run the cart at low speed with the back tires ff the ground. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

Loksmif

Thanks for your response. It seems like the noise is coming from somewhere around the motor. definitely in the rear. it makes very little noise when in reverse. I am not familiar with all the possibilities but there must be a gearbox somewhere. could that be low on oil?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If it's a rattling noise your hearing and it's coming from the motor you probably need to replace the guide ring on the motor coupler.

Loksmif

Thanks for your help. Is that a DIY job or should I take it to a professional. I am pretty good working for myself. Got all the tools, etc. Where can I get more info?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
It's not hard to replace the motor guide ring. You do have to take the motor off to do the job. Once the motor is off you remove the snap ring in the coupler, pop the old guide ring out, put the new ring in and replace the snap ring. Club Car sells a glue that holds the guide ring in or you can use Loctite 4211.