Club Car Heavy Duty Springs Now Shocks Are To Short

jpjmustang

Put a seat on the back of the 1992 Club Car - it sagged hard with the current suspension

Putting the 3 leaf heavy duty springs on to make up for the added weight - finally got them on (lots of drilling and cutting)

NOW the shocks are too short - do I just make up the difference with a spacer?

JPJM

1992 CC Shocks.jpg

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Yes sir. Load the axle with jack or set on tires and try shocks. Otherwise shock extensions. You should be able to find at o’riellys or the likes auto parts. You want 3/8” fine thread.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Yes sir. Load the axle with jack or set on tires and try shocks. Otherwise shock extensions. You should be able to find at o’riellys or the likes auto parts. You want 3/8” fine thread.
We carry them if you can’t find locally

Shootrig

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
There is likely an automotive shock that will replace what you have. Not sure if this will work for you or not but with my All Sports 6" Lift and HD rear springs, I installed shocks from the parts store.

Attachments

• rear springs.jpg
    rear springs.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 14

Sanibel

I am also in the process of installing 3 leaf heavy duty springs on a 1992 Gas Club Car. Got the springs on, correct alignment with the bolt on the bottom of the spring, but am having a heck of a time trying to get the nut on the top of the springs to align with the hole on the bottom of the axle. What have folks done to solve this issue?

Thanks - Don