Club Car Governor Linkage

mortimer

Ok, finally got the clutch off my KF82 engine and it is ready to be disassembled for rebuild. The cylinder and piston is off but I have one question though reguarding a linkage that was attached near the top of the engine case. The service manual's exploded views show nothing there. Just a hole. This is on the case cover above the oil cap. Before I remove it I would like some info reguarding it. It appears to be a rod with a screwdriver slot in the end and a linkage arm attached. I originally thought it was the governor utill reading further and realizing that was in the tranny. I see no adjustments of it in this manual or anything. There is one pic that shows it but they are removing the air filter housing. I see nothing else. Just need to know what I am looking at and what is inside the case before I start removing everything.

I have never worked on a golf cart but many dirt bikes and 4wheelers. So this is new to me. The cart was seized and having a lot of trouble trying to remove the clutch it has freed up quite a bit. My guess is the rod seizing on the crank. There was barely any oil in it when I drained it. Piston and cylinder look great although I may check size of the cylinder and replace the piston and rings just in case. Rest of the cart is in great condition other than the seat. Body has no cracks and looks perfect. This thing sat in a shed since it was seized.

mortimer

If you look at the diagram in the resource area, 1984-91, engine assembly 2, it is above the oil fill on the side of the case cover. That pic is exactly what my book shows. Just a hole.

mortimer

Ok, I took the case apart. The linkage connects to a small rod that goes inside the case cover and there is a flat on the end of that rod with 2 dimples in the flat. I see nothing inside connecting to this rod. It appears to be against the side of the cam gear. But there seems to be about an inch between it and the gear when together. I am assuming the gear may move toward it at higher rpm's. That's a guess. Yet I see no wear or scratches on the side of the gear. How I adjust this when putting back together is still a mystery. If there is an o-ring around that rod, I'd like to replace it. I would imagine so or it would leak oil around that rod/linkage.

Any imput would be greatly appreciated.