Club Car Got Hot and Won't Move

LakeCart

Hey all I am new to the site and looking for a little help diagnosing a no start issue. The golf cart is a 95 Club Car DS and we use it to run people back and forth to the dock at the lake. last weekend we had 4 adults(it is a 4 seater) on the cart and it got extremely hot after climbing the hill back to the house. When I tried to leave to get the next group the cart wouldn't move. When I press the gas pedal it makes a whining noise. It sounds like it is coming from the control box next to the battery. It won't start or even think about turning over. A neighbor said that I may have smoked the coil. Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for the help!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Is the starter generator turning when you press the throttle? Can you turn the engine over by hand? Is the battery and cable connections good? Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

Jack M

Doesn't sound like a coil.
As suggested, make sure you can manually rotate the engine. Sounds like you may have siezed it up.

LakeCart

The starter does not engage when pressing the throttle. The battery is fully charged and all connections have been double checked. The only thing I didn't do was to try to turn it over manually. I will have to do that next time I'm down there. Hope it isn't seized but its not sounding good.