Club Car Golf Cart V-glide Micro Switchs ByPass

cltidd

My 1988 36 volt Club Car golf cart with a v-glide has 2 bad micro switches one on F & R switch and on vglide control. Can I bypass them temporairly until I get new switches. :unsure:

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
If he bypasses them it should on his on discretion, not because a member of the forum tells him to "GO FOR IT". IF he does try this I hope he jacks the cart up first.

shadowman

the only problem with bypassing the one that activates the solenoid is you either have to have no power to it or power all the time ( energized ) and thats not good for anything other then testing and then undo it.. leaving the solenoid energized is an accident waiting to happen.

cltidd

Sorry I dont understand, I am new to this wasnt trying to step on any toes, again sorry I guess this is not as friendly as I thought . :(

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Not Friendly??? :dazed: We are trying to keep you safe. If you start bypassing "safety" switches, we don't know how the cart could react. Like I said if you wish to try this, at least do it with the rear wheels off the ground. That way you won't have a runaway cart, crashing into you or whatever gets in it's path....Not trying to be unfriendly ...just trying to look out for a newbie. :twocents:

shadowman

for the life of me i can,t understand how he got the idea we were being unfriendly. if that were the case we would have ignored you or told you to pound salt. as stated just tryng to make sure you understand that what your asking can have a nasty outcome and if your unfimilar with cart elec. systems bypassing switches is the very last thing you want to do. not only can someone hit hurt or worse you can also end up burning cart up. its not hard to burn a cart up by playing with things your not sure of.

nccc

I am new to this also, but I would not bypass the switches. I could not wait for my switches and bypassed them and had a nice little fire. I now have to fix a couple of burnt wires. Also dont be to quick to assume that people are not to friendly on here. There is some joking on here and I dont think anybody was trying to offend you. These guys are very knowledgeable and willing to help. I had to ask basic questions and every one was willing to help, especially Shadowman. He has pointed me it the right direction on my problems and will probaly be able to do the same for you. Good luck on your cart.

cltidd

I guess I felt somthing that was not there. As far as by-passing the limit switches I would never try to use it this way. Only for testing purposes. I know little or nothing about golf carts. I am certified in automotive electrical,but the golf cart system to me is a different ball game. I now think I have my system under control at this time. Many Thanks to all and the help I recieved.. Not going away just taking a break..... :thumbsup:

nccc

no worries. It only took a split second for my little blaze, so I would not do it again, even for testing. My local dealer had the parts in stock for 4.00 a piece. I wish I would have waited. I guess at least I learned something

cltidd

Replaced both micro switches (v glide and F & R switch) cart works very good this is first time I have driver cart,not very speedy I am going to use my GPS to clock speed feels like 10-15 mph (I am decent judge of speed was a traffic cop ) I do thank all for your assists.. :thumbsup: