Club Car Golf Cart Cuts Out As It Builds Speed

RMurphy

I just got this 2008 Club Car 48 volt golf cart. It seems to accelerate and run fine when I first push the peddle. But as it builds speed, it cuts out almost like it is coasting. I can pump the accelerator pedal a couple of times and it picks up again. When climbing hills, it will slow to a crawl but when I pump the accelerator, it will pick up again. Any ideas what is going on here? Not sure how old the batteries are but they all show 12.5 volts....total out put is 50+ volts.

RMurphy

Thank you for your reply...I will check that ..I saw a nice response on an earlier question that give good instruction on how to check the M-Cor sensor at the controler using an ohms meter.

RMurphy

Where would the speed sensor be located on my 2008 Precedent? And is there a simple way to check it to see if it is functioning properly

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
This is in addition to the other responses

Well couple of things it almost sounds like speed mode settings once it gets up to speed they cut out, I would ride it for a mile or two pull over and feel for heat all battery connections, wires, solenoid, controller, motor, motor wires. now how fast does it go 7-8 mph 12 mph sometimes 12 then drops to 7-8.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
And no I did not answer because I thought I was smarter just the first one to come along