Club Car FE350D-AS10 Won't Move Untill Trottles Is Pressed 3/4

sakochjr

I recieved a call for help from a volunteer group with a Club Cart not sure of the year, is a Club Car with the numbers 1200 on the side. The S/N is FRM1191088, I also found the number 102057001 while tooling around under the dump bed. It appears as though it is made by IR and has a Kawasaki engine. The cart starts and runs fairly well however, it takes about 3/4 throttle to enguage the transmission. In other words, it takes off with a jolt when it finally goes into gear. What could cause this.... Belt adjustment.... Some sort of other ajustment?

clubdean

I think ( someone correct me on this if it's wrong) it's an 88

Check the clutch to see if there is a grease fitting on it if there is then it's a good possibility that the centrifugal weights and arms are gummed up, if thats the case just remove the clutch
and take off the clutch cover "or bell" and clean it inside, if you've never done this before
then get a buddie to snap some photos of it while your doing it just in case something is broken and falls out(been there done that
rolleyes.gif
)

also check the belt for abnormal wear(chunks missing ect...)
and check motor alignment incase you have a bushing that is bad or a broken mount or even a bent frame.

Let us know how it works out.

sakochjr

The cart appears to be in good shape (Frame Ok). I had to do a tune up to get it running correctly before I could further investigate the complaint of the jerky belt. There does not appear to be a grease fitting on the clutch assembly, but I do see that the drive belt has an enormous amount of slack. I have never worked on a cart before and lets face it alot of what I know about equipment is based on past practice and first hand troubleshooting. Is it common to have a worn belt affect the proformance of the cart? The S/N of the cart is AD0212-130808.

clubdean

the belt should be slack, the clutchsides move together making the contact surface on the clutch bigger, that gives you more speed-like changing the gears on a ten speed bike.

raise the back of the cart and turn the driven pully on the diff, make sure it dosn't feel like it's skipping, like the gears are missing teeth, inspect the belt to rule out contamination, oil, grease, ect... check the the clutch face(where it touches the belt) for the same stuff and check the pully on the diff, clean as needed.