Club Car Electric Golf Cart Has Low Power

carson398

I HAVE INSTALLED NEW SOLINOIDS, BATTERYS AND CABLES ON MY 82 CLUB CAR ELECTRIC GOLF CART. IT STILL HAS LOW POWER AND WHEN YOU HAVE IT IN GEAR AND YOU TURN ON THE KEY YOU HEAR A SOLENOIDS KICK IN. IT HAS A BOX CONNECTED TO THE GAS PEDEL WITH A BUNCH OF WIRES COMING OUT. I HAVE NOT FOUND A DIAGRAM TO TELL WHAT COLOR WIRE GOES TO WHAT SOLINOID. CAN ANY ONE HELP

spr

post-25-1216865433.jpg

spr

the colors on the wires should not matter to much as long as they are connected in the right place at each end, getting them wired in shouldnt be too hard as the relays should come in going down the line right to left. without a parts catalog i cant give you where each color wires go, but they should all line up and could probably be found pretty easily with just some trial and error

spr

I would definitely put the cart in neutral when listening for the solenoids to kick in btw, don't want to knock down anything around your work space :twocents:

TDAWG

Your gas pedal is connected to a micro switch that activates the first solenoid. If you are hearing that solenoid click when you turn the key on, then that micro is faulty or stuck.

With cart rear wheels off the ground, There should be five clicks as you press the gas pedal slowly. The first click is the main solenoid. There should be no movement of the wheels with this first click. On the next four clicks, the wheels should move faster and faster with each click.

Each of fhe solenoids is activated by the micro switches in that silver box with the plastic cap on the end. If you are not getting all five clicks, then you have a faulty micro in that box.

This info is assuming that you did replace all five solenoids and that the wiring is correct.

Dave H

Hi.. I just replaced all the microswitches in mine today.. it's not too difficult. The yellow wires go on top, colored wires go on the back.. just replace them one switch at a time.. I found them online for about $2.50 each so replace all of them at that price. The metal box doesn't really have to be removed and the switches can slide out.. they were not bolted in however there was a small bolt that ran through all of them to keep them together.. the plate fits under the groove inside the box..the switches fit in the grooves on the side of the housing. It does make it easier though if you remove the box though.