Club Car DS Shorter Rear Shocks

Sarge77

Hi guys I lifted my 85 club car ds electric 6". The back was way higher than the front when done, guessing due to the HD springs in the rear. So I used the top hole on the rear shackles and it's almost even now. Problem is now the shocks are bottoming out and I only have like maybe an inch or so of shock travel. Any recommendations for a shorter rear shock? The pic is from before I lowered the rear.

Attachments

• 20221127_144508.jpg
    20221127_144508.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 5
  • 20221127_144548.jpg
    20221127_144548.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 5

Zman

Cartaholic
Shock length should not have been changed , even if you change the shackle hole. All that does is raise the spring height . Are you sure the shock is in the right spot or the bracket is in the right spot?

Sarge77

Shock length should not have been changed , even if you change the shackle hole. All that does is raise the spring height . Are you sure the shock is in the right spot or the bracket is in the right spot?
The length didn't change but the ride height does when you move the rear of the spring up higher in the shackle holes. This shortens the travel of the shocks. I ended up putting the springs in the middle hole of the shackle which gives me a pretty good amount of shock travel but still has the cart nose diving slightly. Guess I will have to live with it.