Club Car DS revamp.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Now I've got a quieter muffler I can hear the transaxle gears more, how much gear whine is normal ?
I'm thinking of heavy gear oil and adding climbing oil additive..

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
I've never had one whine on OE gears. Aftermarket gears will whine. Regular gear oil or even synthetic should be all ya need. It'll probably last forever

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Yeah these definitely have a noticeable "to me loud" whine.. like straight cut gears, but these are supposed to be angled cut correct ?
Maybe a bit worn down or something. I can ignore it if I know it's all good. Just wanting to check.
I'd just changed it not to long ago, axle looked perfect but trans was milky at first then clean.
I'll change it again.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
I've never had one whine on OE gears. Aftermarket gears will whine.

Well I assume they are OE gears, but this one did have extras, HD rear springs, rear seats, fuel gauge, horn, lights. Not sure if all came like that or it's extras.
May try and free up the shifter on my buddies 93 transaxle and fix it up and swap it in.

dirtysouth

Well I assume they are OE gears, but this one did have extras, HD rear springs, rear seats, fuel gauge, horn, lights. Not sure if all came like that or it's extras.
May try and free up the shifter on my buddies 93 transaxle and fix it up and swap it in.

:thumbsup: 93 same animal as what you have I believe. Changed rotation mid year of 96

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Yep looks just like mine. Just clean it, free up the shift lever, replace end bearings and fluids.
Wish someone made a locker for these, omg what I'd do to have a cable or electric actuated locker in mine...

Diode

Was your wife or a girlfriend on the cart with you I find they tend to whine a lot