Club Car DS revamp.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Ok new thread to start off a build. Taking my stock 91 club car ds with its 341cc flathead and doing a total revamp starting today. HOPEFULLY be done this time next week.

4" All Sports super sport lift kit.
20"×10"×10" AT tire/wheels.
EZgo FJ400 OHV motor swap.
Paint body with roll on bed liner.

Hope I'm not digging myself too deep on this.

20190325_230102.jpg20190613_215635.jpg20190613_215724.jpg20190613_215704.jpg20190613_215803.jpg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You weren't kidding when you posted you needed a lift were you? You're going to make it through that creek one ways or another. :thumbsup:

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
watchdrama8jm_1.gif

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm looking forward to hearing how the EZGO 400 engine runs compared to the Club Car engine.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
Yeah but it's light years ahead of my ol flathead 341cc... don't get me wrong I love an ol thumping flathead motor. But this one is old and I'm sure a bit weaker from when it was new. Also parts are expensive and hard to get, and you CAN'T get the ignitor anymore. Soooo he had this motor just sitting there from his 23hp VanGuard swap. Doesn't have a million hours on it and always had the governor hooked up and oil changed. I'll change the oil in it and clean it up a bit, oh and it has an almost new starter/gen on it.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
People over at All Sports are top notch, good hearted and very fast.

All I did today was pressure wash off 28 years worth of OMG lol.
Start sanding and painting tomorrow. If I could get the young helper guy to swing by I'd get the motors swapped out. But he's 19 and it's the weekend sooo0o.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
If I wanted to swap out my steering joint with Heim joints, first ode have to drill out the tapers to a straight hole, what size would that be ? And what's the thread size/pitch ?
I'd need 3 to complete..

JRay

Cartaholic
revamped that 90 cc I had,new style roof I picked up used changed the look of the cart. had to change all the supports though.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
revamped that 90 cc I had,new style roof I picked up used changed the look of the cart. had to change all the supports though.

Can't use a top for 2 reasons. One I have to pick up and swing around to put my wheelchair in the back bed and the supports would be in the way. Two. Can't go in thick brush trees with a big ol top on.