Club Car DS Power Problem

Kevin Easter

I have a 99 Club Car DS 48 volt with a power problem. It goes in forward and reverse. Batteries check good. It has no power it will pull up hills at I’m guessing 3to5 mph on flat ground around 8 to 9 mph downhill around 15 to 18 mph. Do I have a speed controller problem or...? Motor? I’m clueless at this point. Help!!!

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Is it truly 48 volt or maybe 36 is it a sepex drive or series Is it possibly a power drive plus

Kevin Easter

You’re over my head with all that. It is a true 48 volt as far as I can tell. I have checked voltage on both solenoids and at the motor. All have 48 volt also checked voltage at the speed controller and I have 48v

Diode

Two solenoids sound like power drive plus And that’s why I asked that second solenoid may be stuck on causing only half power to the motor does the motor have three wires coming out of the end red black and green

Diode

There is a coil across the two large terminals on the second solenoid, if it is getting red hot then bypass that solenoid, hook the large wires together, both sides to one terminal