Club Car DS Paint

pixer

Where can I get spray cans of the beige Club Car paint and also the white that is on 2003 DS model golf carts.
My 2003 has beige top and seats and white body any help appreciated.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Same here. There's a old post somewhere on the forum where someone found a close Club Car beige color match in rattle cans. I'll do some searching and see if I can find the thread.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I found the post but it was about a green Club Car. I did some searching for the beige color and didn't come up with anything. All the golf cart sites I checked only sell the small bottles of touch up paint that JRay mentioned. The only thing I can recommend would be check some hardware stores to see if you can find something close. I know Rust-Oleum sells paint for plastic and a few members here have used it to paint golf carts with decent results. Are you planning on painting the whole golf cart or just some touch up?

pixer

Actually it’s quite a few scratches on the body but I have a couple rims with good tires that are rusty ,that’s what I wanted the spray cans for. I’m reallly surprised club car doesn’t sell spray cans. There’s a large motor sports company in new Lenox near me I’m going to call them, I may just go with the bottles for body scratches. Thanks for your efforts

pixer

Have you been to this motor sports sales company I saw on Facebook ? U think they might have paint? Don’t know name of it, I’m in channahon il.

pixer

I hooked up a round battery condition indicator to replace the small amber light. Now the only time it indicates battery condition is when I unplug the charger after a charge, it jumps up in the green two or three times then never again any idea

pixer

I bought it from buggies unlimited, it’s there only round one for 48 volts. I hooked up the two wires that went to the original small amber light, maybe I need to run other wires, I don’t recall instructions coming with it.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If it only has 2 wires they need to be hooked to the main positive and negative battery terminals. If it has 3 wires the third wire would go to the key switch.

pixer

IT ONLY HAS 2 WIRES ,THEY WERE ATTACHED TO THE BATTERY CONDITION INDICATOR THAT CAME WITH THE CART, YHE ORIGINAL WAS A SMALL RECTANGLE WITH THE OUTLINE OF A BATTERY, I ASSUME IT WOULD LIGHT UP WHEN BATTERY VOLTAGE WENT LOW INDICATING THE NEED FOR A CHARGE. I CONNECTED THESE TWO WIRES TO THE NEW ROUND INDICATOR. SINCE CART IS RUN BY COMPUTER AND I SEE NO WIRES AT BATTRY TERMINALS THAT WOULD BRING 48 VOLTS TO NEW INDICATOR I ASSUME SIGNAL COMMES THRU COMPUTER AND DONT WANT TO BURN ANYTHING UP. IF I LOOK AT THE VOLTAGE ACROSS THE TWO WIRES SHOULD I GET 48 VOLTS, COULD I HAVE THE TWO WIRES HOOKED UP WRONG? ALTHOUGH AT TIMES IT WILL REGISTER BATTERY CONDITION WHEN I UNPLUG THE CHARGER AFTER A CHARGE.

Zman

Cartaholic
Local automotive paint stores have a tool that looks like giant binoculars that can read the colors in the paint . Then they can make you a rattle can.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The two wires on the new state of charge meter need to be connected to the min positive and negative battery terminals. The original light on the dash is connected to the OBC and those wires won't work correctly for your new meter.

pixer

i believe your right, but when you say minimum positive and minimum negative across one battery that would give me 8 volts at the meter, or do you mean the positive and negative that would give me 48 volts at the meter? im also assuming that if they are hooked up wrong to the meter the needle would be driven down, correct, and if hooked up right would immediately give a reading. thanks for the input probably should have a fuse in there somewhere

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The main positive and negative would be the first and last batteries in the series and will give you 48 volts. Yes you should use a fuse.

pixer

I hooked up battery indicator, works great. I have another problem I need help with. When I bought the cart it would go fast for 30 yards or so then quit until you let up and pressed gas pedal or it would just drop into a slower speed and stay there. Since the batteries were old I figured the problem was the batteries. I have new batteries in it now and when you start out it goes like heck for a time, the first time half way to the park about 4 blocks then either kicks down to the slower speed of stops and when you reset by letting up on gas and repressing it goes to slower speed. It doesnt refuse to run but only runs in slow speed. Once in awhile it will surge ahead at high speed for a few seconds then settle into slow speed. What part do I need to replace to get the higher speeds back. It is a 2003 Club Car DS model 48 volt Precedent. ser. # aq 0335 3155 11. The speed it goes to is about what golf courses like you to travel at, but it would be nice to have the higher speed also. Any help appreciated. Bob