Club Car DS Needs to be Choked to Keep Engine Running

Pat5077

1991 Club Car DS gas golf cart with KF82 engine. The engine runs then starts breaking down and needs to be choked to keep the engine running to get back to the garage. I changed the spark plug, carburetor, fuel pump and filters. The engine has 115 lbs. compression. I'm at a loss

Nubs

Cartaholic
Are you sure the fuel pump is pumping enough fuel, is the fuel pickup in the tank clear? I would gravity feed it with a different tank right to the carb and see if it runs. sometimes the inside of the fuel lines or pulsar line will collapse.

Pat5077

Thank you for the response.
When I brought it home I was having this issue. So I bought new pump and filter. Same reactions. I bought a new carb, same reaction. New plug same reaction. different filter. same reaction. thought maybe head gasket. 115 compression. Thought maybe valve tappets. good gap. Decided to change engines, found one at a repair shop for 650, so different motor. same reaction. Retried the old stuff on the different motor. same reaction. Kinda makes me feel a bit stupid for buying a different engine.

Pat5077

Are you sure the fuel pump is pumping enough fuel, is the fuel pickup in the tank clear? I would gravity feed it with a different tank right to the carb and see if it runs. sometimes the inside of the fuel lines or pulsar line will collapse.
Well I just learned how to reply to your post. I replied earlier and I guess it went somewhere else. I will try to gravity feed. But that reminds me. While on stands and running it with a 5/8 hole in a plug that fits into the air box. I notice the fuel filter doesn't stay full or half full. it actually runs out of fuel then refills then runs out and refills. the engine doesn't kill when the filter is empty though.

Nubs

Cartaholic
Seldom do the filters fill completely or sometimes look empty, a filter located on the pressure side will fill more. Your other post is here also so its all good.
Welcome to the Forum :hattip::usa: