Club Car DS Lift Kit Recommendation

mad05c

Hi guys! I have a 2004 Club Car DS that I am looking to lift. I see several posts recommending the All Sports lift kit. Can someone explain why this brand over others?
I also see SGC and Jakes have lift kits. Also looks like All Sports has a 4in "Sport" and "A-arm" kits. Whats the difference between all these options?

vs
vs
vs

THANKS!

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The All Sports lift kits are the best in my opinion and made in the USA. Jake's would be my second choice and a lot of people use them also. If you call All Sports they can tell you more about the differences in the Super Sport Lift and the A-Arm lift. I've always used the All Sports Super Sport lift kit on Club Car DS's and Precedent's and have never had any problems with them. All Sports also has replacement parts for their lift kits if you ever need them.

mad05c

So I installed the all sports 4in lift kit (A Arm). Not amazing experience with the company, one spindle arrived and the threads were stripped and took 2 weeks and multiple calls and emails to get a new one. Also when installing the rear blocks the U bolts seems very long, as if they sent to the bolts for the 6 or 7.5in kit. Thoughts on picture?

this may require a separate post but what size tires and wheel offset do you recommend? I see the max size on 4 inch kit is 23x10.5- would that be an overstuffed wheel well from a visual standpoint? What about offset? Is there a standard recommendation? F9FD6BB9-B39F-401F-993C-15505B12D201.jpeg

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Yes I would say those are the wrong u-bolts. I would send that picture to All Sports and have them send you the right u-bolts. You can cut those but I would still have them send you the right ones.

BreakItBobby

If you cut them I would buy the die for those threads and make sure you can get the nut off just incase you ever have to do it. You may never need to but it makes life easier if that day comes.