Club Car DS Forward and Reverse Switch Wiring Diagram

Hot-shot

I have what I believe is a 96 Club car DS. The identification tag has been removed. I changed the forward and reverse switch due to the old one failed. I’m not sure I have the new one wired correctly? Can someone provide a good readable Club Car DS forward and reverse switch wiring diagram? The issue I’m having is the golf cart runs in forward only. When the cart is in reverse and throttle pressed it wants to creep forward? Any help would be appreciated.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Does your Club Car have resistor coils or a controller? Is it a 36 volt or 48 volt golf cart? What failed on the old forward and reverse switch?

Hot-shot

It has a controller and is 48 volts. The cart would only go in reverse when I bought from a neighbor. After some reading up on this issue I removed the F/R switch to find out one of the posts had melted. Once I installed the new one now I only have forward. I tried reversing the two wires that rotate on the switch with the same result? Thanks for helping

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic

Hot-shot

I see that the controller in the diagram has three main lugs. Mine has four. Does that make a difference where the main cables go from the F/R switch? Thanks

Srjr1283

I am having issues with something similar. I replaced the same switch. Wiring is correct. I'm even getting a click In the controller when i change gears. However i get nothing from the pedal when I try foward or reverse. Any suggestions?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You should start a new thread with the information on your golf carts year and model. It helps keep things less confusing. :hattip:

emgee

I see that the controller in the diagram has three main lugs. Mine has four. Does that make a difference where the main cables go from the F/R switch? Thanks

Not sure if this helps, but my controller has 4 lugs too, but one is left unused. Not sure how the unused one is labeled, but the other 3 are B- to the OBC, M- to the F/R switch, and B+ to the solenoid and to the motor as outlined in the 48V series diagram that HotRod posted.

Cheers,
Michael