Club Car Charger Problem

zman970

I have a 2000 Villager , 48 volt power drive, new trojan batteries. Car came in dead and charger would only run for about 45 seconds and shut off. disconnected cables to cart and installed another charger recepticle and charged batteries with an automatic charger. batteries tested bad and replaced them. now the charger for the cart just runs about 1 minute and shuts off. triple checked wiring, connections, check grounds, have 49 volts at controller, 37 volts at charger recepticle, 48 volts at sensor wire. compared these readings with another club car . Put on new O.B.C. and it acts the same.

Anyone run across this before?
Sure would like some help.
Thanks.
sad.gif

shadowman

39 volts at charger receptical dosn,t sound right....................the 10 gage red wire that comes from the receptical and goes to a battery........what battery is it hooked to? if this is a six battery 8 volts each the wire should mount to the pos. terminal on pass. side rear battery......it sounds like only 5 batteriess are in the circuit so check where that wire is mounted........................at the charge receptical you should get pack voltage and 37 volts isn,t pack voltage you should be getting 48 volts or better....................................
thumbup.gif

zman970

When the charger turns on the ground side of the obc wire at the recepticle completely grounds and we have 50 volts at the recepticle. i think this is a control for charging. I have compared voltage at recepticles on 2 other club cars and they to0 have around 38 volts at the plug untill charger turns on.