Club Car Carryall Rear End Missing Parts?

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
Anything look out of the ordinary or any missing parts on this Club Car Carryall rear end? I am able to manually slide that large round piece and feel the gears click but can't get the shift lever to do it. How is the shifter arm inside the diff suppose to move that large sliding round piece? I really don't know a thing about Club Car golf carts. The differential housing has ''missing parts''written on it which makes me wonder if that has something to do with the shifting problem.

shadowman

Are you sure the shift lever isn,t frozen going into the housing or can you work the lever back and forth also?

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Yeah, you just need to move the collar back and forth. I have not had one apart, yet. Do you think something in the shift mechanism could be stripped so it will not move the fork under load?

ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Cartaholic
It feels as if something is missing in the f/r area. Gears change fine by hand with the rear end pulled apart but when it is together the f/r selector will just twirl around with no resistance. I don't see what makes contact to change the gears inside the diff. I would like to see some pictures inside a properly working diff next time someone installs high speed gears.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Ace, Their should be a shift fork that goes in the end of the shift linkage shaft and slides on the the slider gear in the recess that's cut in it.. Other than that it appears like it's all there.

wass1967

Yes, it will be special order but you should be able to get it through any golf cart and accessories dealer that carries Club Car parts. Like Tom at CPP.

That must be out of an OLD cart. My 89 didn't look like that. It looked like the 92-up. That must be out of an 87-down.

CartMechanik01

No prob on the part numbers, I have access to any part numbers for any club car vehicle, '81-'08, DS elec. to Diesel 4x4. I have a lot of common part numbers in my head but the rest of them I have to look up.

CartMechanik01

Yes I can, it won't be until Fri. though, I'm only working part time at the cart shop now, I just recently got a new job at a local refinery, but I still help out some on my days off.

CartMechanik01

Well are you sitting down, the shift fork is $134 and the shift rod is $68.....
These are oem Club car parts. I don't know why they are so much, I guess their just one of a kind.

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Well Ace, I guess now we know why they were missing from that rear end. Like most automotive products, the part is worth more than the whole.

wass1967

I would say its that high because its something that never broke so they did not make many spares. I priced the axle tubes once and the longer side was $365 and the shorter side was $335. A part that really never need replaced. Get what I mean? The gasket that splits the rearend is like only $6.95. Brake shoes are what. $25 a side. See, parts that wear out are cheap.