Club Car Batteries Discharging To Fast

lharr022

After getting Club Car golf cart running and putting new batteries in it it's discharging to fast. I can't travel very far without needing recharged. I've checked the v glide for proper accelerator rod adjustment and resistors for damage. Should note that a trip around the block at full speed makes the resistor coil bank hot.
Could use any help.

dougmcp

Something is wrong with the V-Glide adjustment or connections.
A resistor cart uses no resistors at full speed and none should be hot after a full speed run.

shadowman

Is it a single solenoid resistor cart or multi solenoid resistor cart? New batteries need to be broken in as they are only about 75% when new. It takes a dozen or so complete charge/discharge cycles to get them to full voltage.

shadowman

It sounds like they may not be broke in yet so its very important to do so and do it right. Once you put the battery charger on leave it alone until it shuts off which could take up to 16 hours ( normal ) No charging it and then unplugging it to run to the store or to the mailbox, leave it be. Make sure you put the charge receptical wires back on the right batteries. This mistake happens all the time and you end up only charging 5 batteries. Double check that, you won't beleive how often it happens. Even though they are new batteries it won't hurt to test them and load test them its not uncommon at all to get a new bad battery. After a complete charge let the cart sit for 8 hours or so then test voltage in each one and load test each one. If there's an issue you can get it taken care of before warranty runs out. What brand batteries are they? They are golf cart batteries right not just deep cycles?

lharr022

Thanks for all the advice everyone has offered. I made some adjustments to the accelerator rod and my resistor bank seems to be working normally meaning a run only warms the last resistors. However it seems that the batteries are still holding the same amount of charge as I can still only travel about the same distance.