cerberus

Club Car 48v Charger
$150.00 Plus Shipping
charger.jpg

Stainless Steel Brush Guard & Two Tube Rear Bumper
250.00 Plus Shipping
brush.jpg

matt75

Hey Cerberus, with a little custom plug work would that charger work on an ez go? that price is too good to pass up. how much do you think shipping to houston tx would run?

cerberus

Matt, what is your zip and I will figure it out.

BUT, and somebody correct me if I am wrong here, I believe this charger will on an EZ-GO but you would have to bypass the auto feature, just as I have done to the charger that I use. (Same Model Charger)

cerberus

I bought a HD timer and use it to shut off my charger. Just plug the timer into the outlet and then plug the charger into the timer. It was cheaper than me installing an OBC in the cart so the charger would function properly.

I just did a quick check and to send the charger would cost about $30.00. I would charge you the exact price though, I don't make money by over charging somebody more that what it cost me to ship.

matt75

the charger will only charge to a certin voltage right? so if the batteries were fully charged and the charger was left on for any given amount of time before the timer shut it off would this pose a problem?

cerberus

It could pose a problem if you were to have a pack that was maybe 1/4 discharged and then set the timer for a full charge. I'll be honest, it isn't like an automatic charger, you do have to be aware of your pack and what level of discharge it is at.
I have used this type of charging system on my cart for about two years now and haven't over charged my pack.

gornoman

The batteries will only charge as far as the plates and electrolyte will tolerate. They will reach a certain voltage and stay there. The problem is once they get to that state and the charger keeps going, the electrolyte just boils off. This reduces the life of the battery greatly. The automatic chargers like the Powerwise sense this condition and shut themselves down safely.

cerberus

gorno, I was trying to say something like that, thank you sir
biggthumpup.gif

That is why I always keep an eye while charging unless the pack is really low. With the timer, I haven't ever boiled the pack.