Club Car 48 Volt IQ Golf Cart to 72 Volt Series Conversion

scottginfla

Ok, my first post here, I am about to convert my 02 Club Car IQ 48 volt golf cart over to a 72 volt series cart, using the GE beast motor, a flight system 700 amp controller, # 2 cables, 96 volt reversing contactor and main solenoid ( yall can figure that out right? ) I currently have an Allsports 6" long travel kit, 23-10-12 tires, and the main pack is 9- 8 volt Trojan t875's and a 10/1 rear gear.

I have to say a big thank you to Ronnie (garagebuilt) for talking my ear off tonight over the phone.
I will try and post some pics of the cart now, and along the way

GarageBuilt

Just saying!!! .....This guy has moved on!!!! His cart has the new series motor in it pushing 72 -volts... He has all the vids of his cart pulling wheelies over on bgw... He has thank every one for all the help from bgw... But nothing about Cartaholics & the two hour cell call with me on how to set his cart up..

GarageBuilt

Yes Sir he sure did... All I am saying it would have been nice for him to of post some of the finished videos of his project here... The cart turned out nice & with his choice of motor, rear end, controller, it can easily pop wheelies !!! I can read about it over there but I am unable to ask any questions.... I am a little disappointed that's all.