Club Car 341cc oil cooler ?

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
This Club Car 341cc motor has no oil system just splash.
On long rides it get heat soaked and hot.. I'm going to full synthetic oil but I can't help myself in thinking of making a oil cooler from a oil scavenging pump, oil cooler and may even add a 1qt collector.. plumb into the block..

Only I think if it's turned off it may over fill the motor or drain it to low..

What has anyone done before or nothing at all ? This thing was never meant to be drove 1hr non stop there, and trail ride the rest of the day, and 1hr back. About 25 miles.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
As long as you keep the cooler lower than the motor you can never overfill the motor and as long as the pump is lower than the motor and will always be primed

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
You can go to the junkyard and get a radiator for a heater core or ac core

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
You might be better off with just a fan running air over the cylinder heads

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I think the engine will be fine as long as you do regular oil changes. There's a lot of people out there beating on their gas golf carts and they seem to hold up well. :twocents:

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
I've ran mine for a month with some of that Restore in it, about to do an oil change to 5w 30 full synthetic, would love to do a full engine rebuild but dang $$$
It runs good and has lots of pulling power now, doesn't smoke so who knows. As long as the ignition holds up I'll stay with it.
Always got the EZgo 400cc as stand by.

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - Sponsor
Oil cooler and pump level to base of engine block should keep it from over filling and like Diode said, pump would stay primed. Seems like an easy job and would make a big difference in oil temp.just wonder if it would effect the splash system by moving oil to fast through cooler :twocents:
Also like Diode said, electric fan would make quite a difference especially if you made a simple shroud. Only downside is if fan quits.

Southerncomfort

Cartaholic
I had thought of putting an electric fan over the shroud intaketo move more air at slow speeds but found out that it already moves a good bit as is.
I'm about to wrap the header and bet that will help alot on heat under the body, I guess the best thing would be to find a spot, cut a hole and add a fan to draw out trapped hot air..

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - Sponsor
I had thought of putting an electric fan over the shroud intaketo move more air at slow speeds but found out that it already moves a good bit as is.
I'm about to wrap the header and bet that will help alot on heat under the body, I guess the best thing would be to find a spot, cut a hole and add a fan to draw out trapped hot air..
Exhaust wrap probably the simplest and most effective :thumbsup: