Club Car 2002 Gas

Cupwinner

Hi All, I am new to this site and would like to ask the experts the following question,
My cart has the problem of a 2-3 second delay before accelerating. Any help would be much appreciated.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
See if it's tight. If if feels loose you can adjust it.

Does the cart hesitate all the time? Can you hear anything while the cart is hesitating?

Cupwinner

It happens when engine is hot, there are no noises before it pulls away......I think the delay before it accelerates is increasing.......Thanks

Cupwinner

Have checked belts all good......It starts fine when cold, After a few stop and starts the delay gets longer before it will pull away. I feel it may be electrical, Any suggestions?

ccnewboy

Hey Cupwinner,

What did you find out about the stalling? My 07 Precedent does the same thing. I have checked every thing I can think of. Wandering what you found out.

thanks,

ccnewboy

shadowman

can you hear the soleniod click and than the delay or is there just a delay than soleniod clicks and cart starts?...................
cool.gif

Cupwinner

Sorry CCnewboy but still have the problem......just living with it. Our local dealer thought it might be the battery on it's way out but I thought maybe he was trying to sell me a new battery at 200 euros.

ccnewboy

I replaced my battery last week. Still have the hesitation. It is not constant, it happens about every 4th-5th stop. I have checked the belt tension and it is good. Checked all the connections and they seem good as well. I haven't give in yet, got to do some looking at the pedal linkage and cables.

ddogg888

i had a couple carts like that. i put new brushes in the starter gen. and had no more hesitation. make sure you tighten the belt good.

Cupwinner

You guy's are going to love this. The cart finally packed up on the 17th yesterday. Dead. Hit the gas pedal nothing....towed home. Removed battery to charge....BOOM....end of battery charger. and yes all connections were correct before you ask. Today took the battery for testing, Dead as a Dodo.
Ask the local dealer the price of a new one...200 euros. Seems these are special batteries because according to the dealer the cart does not have a normal charging system. Battery has been ordered.
My question to you guy's is, what kind of system is fitted to this cart that requires a special battery.
Was also told that these batteries are unable to be charged in the normal way.....any help would be welcome......Thanks

shadowman

run away from that dealer and cancel that order......nothing special about it.....get a group 27 car battery with side terminals and drop it in end of story.............have never ever heard of or read in any service manual anything about a special battery......thats a bunch of huey...........................
cool.gif

Cupwinner

Thanks Shadowman, so you say it has a normal charging system?. Why have I been told by 2 dealers that an ordinary battery will not last more than a month because this cart does not have the normal setup of
alternator as most carts.

shadowman

the starter is also a generator and the cart has a voltage regulator and as long as the starter/generator is working and the voltage regulator is working it will charge the battery no problems...........no its not quite like a car but its the same princible and your battery will last for years.......i can show you 1000,s of gas carts that all run off car batteries............you can even use a lawn tractor little bitty 12 volt battery and it might last a few years however i don,t recomend a battery that small.......there is no special battery that i have ever heard of for a golfcart so i can not tell you why they are telling you this.........what kind of special battery are they trying to sell you????.....................ok guys anyone who reads this you want to jump in here and tell me if i,m wrong or missing something???? cause this would be a new one on me..................................................
cool.gif