Club Car 18HP Briggs & Stratton Vanguard Conversion Dies While Driving.

Redzula

So I have been experiencing a weird issue with our golf cart after engine conversion.

It's a lifted Club Car with an 18hp Briggs & Stratton Vanguard engine conversion. Last summer it ran great no issues whatsoever. Toward the end of last season though when driving it would stall and dies. It would always start right up though no real issues. And then a little while later it would do it again. Sometime the frequency was closer together and there times it'd be 10-15 between them. I haven't really been able to determine what triggers the stall. We brought it back from the lake over the winter and it sat in the storage unit where I put in a high flow fuel pump (still vacuum driven though).

I suspected a fuel issue because it would always start right back up. I assumed it was starving a little when it dies I would have to give it excessive gas to get the engine to start/drive. When I did the fuel pump I also did a new filter and new lines from the tank to the pump, from pump to carb and from pump to cylinder head vacuum source that was the same place As the stock pump.

I have not taken apart or even removed the carburetor yet. I decided to start here and ask some of you with more experience in carts first before really digging into the issue.

Thanks in advance.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You need to figure out if it's a fuel or spark issue causing the engine to die. Next time it quits running test for spark and you can narrow the problem down. Let us know what you find and we'll go from there.