Clicking noise and smell of burning

ptache

I have a 2005 DS. While driving it the other day I suddenly heard a clicking sound accompanied by some loss of power. When I stoped the cart I smelled the odor of electricl burning. Nothing obvious after inspection of all the components. Prior to this event, I had noticed a jearky feeling at the begining of acceleration going forward and in reverse. This was present for about a month prior to the clicking/burning. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know what it could be? I have only owned the cart for about 6 months.

Thanks

ptache

Yes I believe so. When I push the cart, I can hear the click in both the Run and Tow positions. The faster the cart goes , the faster the click.

ptache

Thanks for your help! I am new to this type of repair. If I replace the entire motor, will that solve the problem? (I wanted to get a motor with more torque anyway.)

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
No problem, your welcome...

If it's the armature or brushes causing the noise then yes replacing the motor will take care of it...

ptache

I pulled the motor and it is in the shop. We'll see if that is the problem. Thanks again for your help.