Changing lifted EZGO back to stock?

Herby D

dazed053.gif
I have a friend who bought an '03 EZGO with a lift kit and wants to convert it back to stock...It looks like the only thing done to it was to install drop axle spindles and changed the rear springs to go above the axle instead of below. I've never done something like this before. It looks like the only thing that needs to be done is replace the drop axle spindles with stock ones and return the rear springs to below the axle. Could this be correct, or is there anything else that would have had to be done to complete the lift ( about 5" )? It doesn't look like the steering or anything else was changed. I can't find another '03 to compare it with...As always, your help is appreciated.
HD

Herby D

It is a spindle lift. Also, we'd be interested in a parts trade with someone wanting a lift...spindles, ITP aluminum wheels, 22 x 11.00-10 well worn Carlisle Turf Master tires, flares, and any other left over parts....We also need stock chrome or aluminum wheels and tires...
HD

rhgc

I agree with dirtysouth...id think about selling the lifted cart. You shuld be get enough to buy a stock one......ive also got stock spendles if you need it

Herby D

Thanks for your comments...My friend has a sentimental attachment to the cart. It was given to him by a deceased loved one. He now has a bad hip and is having a tough time getting into the cart.
HD

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
I would consider (if $$ allows) buying a stock cart. Swap parts over to lower sentimental cart. Sell the raised cart hopefully make profit to cover costs + beer.

Herby D

$$ are a little scarce...that's why I volunteered to help out..great idea though..I've been looking for a local that would like to swap set-ups...I have to watch out..My volunteer projects have a way of escalating out of control...ie:..I volunteered to repair my neighbors broken sprinkler...She now has a new sprinkler system...I'm sure you've bennairdunnat...
yes.gif