Change v-glide to potentiometer

bagger04

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and hope someone can help me. I have a 97 club car and have had constant problems with a dead spot in the v-glide switch at lower speeds. I have cleaned and aligned the brush pad several times and it corrects the problem for a short time but always returns. I would like to change to the potentiometer as my son has it on his 96 cart and it works great. Could you tell me if it's possible and what other parts would have to be changed and an approximate cost. The local cart shop doesn't have a clue. I think they are just parts changers and just keep hanging parts on till it's fixed.

Thanks.....bagger04

golfdog

Its a fairly simple conversion. Apart from the potentiometer unit all you need is an "actuator lever and nylon washer" plus perhaps a 1/4" nut and bolt. The pot. however will put you back $265
The lever and washer should be obtainable second hand for next to nothing or you may be able to order them thru a Club Car agent.
It would be adviseable to get an exploded pic. of the pedal cluster from an illustrated parts list. Good luck
tip.gif

bagger04

Thanks Golfdog....I'm going to try to find a picture of the pedal setup and head to my dealer and see if he has any parts carts around..I don't understand why my son's 96 cart has the pot setup and my 97 still has the v-glide. I"m pretty sure they're both regen setups but mine doesn't hold back on grades like his does when you let off the throttle. Is it possible they are two different regen setups? Thanks for any help you can offer..

bagger04

golfdog

I think Club Car switched from the continuously variable pot on the DS carts to v-glide in 97. I have a 2000 model that also has the v-glide that I changed to variable last year. It sounds as though your cart may have the series motor if it does not brake on declines or there is another problem. The regen should have a rocker type switch for fwd/rev and a tow switch and the series a lever type fwd/rev switch. I must admit that the accelaration is much smoother now and without the hassles of a wiper arm. Good luck
tip.gif