cast iron

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
I've got one that was my grandmothers and I have no idea how long she had it. I use it when I make biscuits and gravy.

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
i cant believe i have gone this long without one they cook so good. the two i use the most one i got at goodwill for three bucks and it was caked with gunk really bad a few hours in the tank came out completely stripped to bare cast iron a little scrubbin with wire brush washed it real good with a green scrubby and some bar keepers friend soap seasoned it and i use it every day that pan is worth about 40 bucks and was made in the 60s the other one is from the 20s and a little bigger same process and it frys the heck out of some taters mmmm im hungry now

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
then i hose it off wire brush and back it until all of the rust and gunk is gone.. the tank turns the rusted metal back into good metal where it can and make the rest just wash and brush off

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
here it is after being seasoned several times in a 500° oven with organic flax oil wiped on and wiped and back off as much as i can get off before the oven
Resized_20170728_181830.jpeg Resized_20170728_181840.jpeg

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
it will work on lots of stuff if you can fit it in the tank. cleaned up some old tools real nice. doesnt work on aluminum it disolves

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
Thank you. :hattip: it always amazes me when i cook eggs how well they work. they dont stick at all and i just wipe out the pan with a paper towell most of the time