carts in the yard

larryz

But a bath would wash the proof of fun off!
rotflmao.gif

cwayaustx

Yes it is a great job, only problem is it is so hard to get the motivation to work. It's a good thing I mostly drive around making sure everyone else is working
wink.gif

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Your company has lifted yard carts? What's the story? How are they used? Why do they need to be lifted? Does someone lift them on property?

cwayaustx

Most of these are personal carts, we do have two that belong to the company, I will get some pics of those, they are pretty nice lifted ezgo's. A few of the guys buy their own, myself I prefer to build mine. The lifts make it easier to haul stuff and get around in muddy conditions. Plus they look alot better.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

COPB

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
So, you supply your own carts on the Job? If you didn't, would you be walking? Do you drive your carts to work or leave them there?

cwayaustx

My company does supply carts to upper management. I have an 04 ezgo with 4 inches of lift, but mine is alot more fun. The yard we are in does not belong to my company. We pay owner to provide; roughnecks, welders, painters, and electricians and they provide carts to certain supervision. Foremans and up are allowed to bring their cart if they don't want to walk. The yard is about 20 acres with currently 8 drilling rigs being refurbed. I prefer to bring mine on site so I can work on it in the evenings when I don't go home, being I live almost two hours away. I always have one or two here and have a deal with the welding supt., I keep his carts running and he has my ideas fabbed. It works out great for both of us.

cwayaustx

I ordered my D and D motor today. It is the highest torque D.C. motor available. I will need it when I get my 29.5 inch swamplites and12"ITP 112 in. I should get my 700amp controller in anyday. I will probably tear her down this weekend. I have to fab a rear suspension to level it after I put the new 10" beefed Z-bracket. Then I will build a new battery rack to accomadate the 8 6volt 105's, and the bracket for the controller, kilovac solenoid, pb-6, and accessory fuse block mount. I have a matching front and rear tube bumper both w/receiving hitches being built as I type, along with a winch mounted on a slide in collar and a rear cooler mount/cargo rack/step for the kids. Then she will be stripped and all metal including bed and powdercoated a medium dark green to match whatever camo I decide to go with. I am sketching up a telescoping deer chair attachment that will ride below the canopy in rear and raise to approximately 9' above ground elevation, but still have some designing to do on that one. I will start a thread when I start tearing her down.